Friday, October 23, 2015

Hat #5.... The 13 Hats of Halloween.


    Ahh, transformation is in the air.........
    Quite a few years ago I purchased three black wool hats at a Bealls Clearance shop. They were all made in China and definitely not of the best quality but I thought the shapes were really fun!   This one has an upturned asymmetrical brim with a crease/fold in the back. Looks better than it sounds, trust me!


    With that said, I have to admit she was still visually boring. Which is probably why I rarely wore her.... even around the house. chuckle
    I decided a few weeks ago that she had sat around collecting dust for far too long. Either I was going to be able to manage a magickal transformation and breathe new life into her or she was headed for the resale box!!!
    So I sat down and did a short visualization. Immediately I could see a large, dark red flower! Oh my, she wants a dramatic splash of color. But ever so slightly muted at the same time.  My job was to find the right shade of red! And while I'm pleased with what I found, it isn't the same type of flower that I saw in my mind's eye.
    Oh well, I can modify later if I want to. So with the simple removal of that swirl of mesh material, a lovely red fabric flower and a hot glue gun... we were ready to go. The flower is located toward the back of the hat, so from the front you get a profile of the petals.  A deep blossom was needed and this one did very well in that regard.
   

     So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Why does this strike me as so British?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because women in the UK are not intimidated by their hats!!! chuckle They really know how to "go for it" when they want to wear something special.... or just everyday. LOVE that about those ladies!
      Note: Cecelia always says I look British when I wear hats. hahaha Wait till she sees this one!

      Delete