Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hat #4... The 13 Hats of Halloween.


     I just LOVE this one!!!  So for the fourth hat of Halloween I'm wearing one of my all time favorite thrift shop finds. Years ago I spent all of $2 for this fun little beauty.    It just screams 1940s to me!
     My friend who took the photographs had a different take on it though. His first exclamation was "STONER HAT!"   hahahahaha     We both agreed that if it was purple velvet then it would definitely fall under that category.
     Come to think of it.... I'd love a purple velvet hat!
    

    The velvet covered buckle is a lovely touch! For some reason folks tend to notice that about this little hat. The lining is slightly damaged but thats almost to be expected due to age. (I feel like I've got a few tears in my lining also. Not to mention a bunch of worn out spots and a bent brim! chuckle) 
    All in all I can definitely see myself stirring the cauldron while wearing this enchanting headwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment