Friday, June 3, 2016

Freyja's Day ....... when a handbag stirs up some memories.


   Did you ever see an item and immediately think of someone? When I spotted this little handbag on Ebay the other week all I could think about was how much it reminded me of my paternal grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Lewis. Most everyone knew her as Lulu... though a couple of her friends called her Mae. And yes, that used to be short for Mary.      
   I'm certain I've mentioned it before, this lady is one of the main reasons that I love vintage hats! hahaha  But hey, you had to have a nice purse to help complete your outfit! Oh my, memories....


   Though faded a bit with age it is still an enchanting piece. Obviously loved and taken good care of.... it reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit, but its in much better shape than he was! Which shouldn't come as a surprise, after all, it is a LEWIS.  And we're pretty strong and well made.   hahaha   Seems fitting, doesn't it?


    I'll have to do some research on this brand. Have seen some very nice examples and I would enjoy learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment