Friday, June 24, 2016

Freyja's Day.......... Tregul and Bygul.


    As we all know, Freyja had two cats. By some accounts their names were Tregul and Bygul. That translates out as Tree-gold, aka amber, and Bee-gold, aka honey.           HOW I wish I was writing about amber!!! But no..... I'm up past my wrists in honey.   And not in a good way.
     Discovered a large hive had been built up in my mobile home, under the tub area and along the shower pipes. It would have been almost impossible to remove the queen AND since some of the worker bees were starting to come up into my bedroom.... I had to have them eradicated. So sad but necessary at this point.  At the bee man's suggestion I waited for three days to begin the process of removal. This photo is only of the section that I could see as I started to work. Got quite a surprise as I went deeper in to remove honeycombs..... not all the bees were deceased!!!  I quickly blocked off any route they might have to the inside of my home.   Sheesh!!!  (I'll just consider that to have been a really good cardio workout)       So anyway, I'll wait another day or two and see if they have finally passed on, before continuing my clean up efforts.
    Best accessories for this task....... a good quality ventilated face mask, goggles, gloves and a can of wasp and bee spray in case you have to fight back!  Fashion and style take a backseat to safety and common sense every time!  Stay safe out there folks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment