Friday, June 17, 2016

Freyja's Day........ coins to create abundance for all.

 Ronan loves to mess with whatever I put out to work on! lol

    I've recently developed a desire to acquire enough coins to make a "sort of" belly dance belt.... actually I'm thinking of it more as a ritual piece. With my back and knees the way they are, I won't be doing much real dancing. chuckle
    Anyway, I'm thinking "ABUNDANCE". Not just for myself, but for the whole world. Everyone having enough to live well and be happy. No more global destruction of animals and the environment.  
    Here is how I see it.... an object that is created for that purpose and infused with that energetic intent and used repeatedly during prayer and ritual will build up a reserve of energy and then begin to generate it out into the world. It doesn't have to be a belt of coins, but I felt that the movement and sounds would increase that energetic output.
   
 

   To begin  my project I've found several of those old coin charm bracelets that were so popular when I was young. And, of course, you can purchase coins that are actually for use on belly dance costumes! They usually have metal loops soldered on whereas the bracelet coins are all drilled. Either way its a wonderful creative process.  
    My choice of using genuine coins instead of the lighter weight faux ones is simply my personal preference. INTENT is the real key to a piece like this. 
    Haven't decided exactly how I'm going to construct it. I could make a stiffened fabric base or I could use a metal belt like the one in the photo. Or a length of substantial chain to hang everything from. Will just have to wait and see what happens........ 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment