Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Butterflies and Tropical storms!!!

 
Since my photo session with a friend was postponed by Tropical storm Colin, I decided that I'd at least take pictures of one of the hats and send it on over to the Style Crone's Hat Attack. I love going through and seeing everyone's posts each month!
 

   Found this hat in a thrift shop a few years back, it almost matches one that I found at the local Ross store. A nice shade of dusty pink/mauve. The maker is Betmar and it is quite sturdy! That's a real plus for casual wear!


   I've added a couple of small butterfly pins to the front. Whenever I find more I intend on keeping them on this hat! Its a good way to organize small pieces and hey, who wouldn't want a "flock" of butterflies flitting around their head?!

   The back is another matter. The matching bow was mangled and torn. There is old hot glue residue where I'm guessing that someone tried to fix it. I'll clean it up a little more and add flowers.... for the butterflies, of course!

   
   Took these two petite bouquets off a vintage hat that had seen much better days. When combined they're just the right size for embellishment.   Of course, now I need a small bee pin to put right above them! Hahaha!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of butterfly pins on your hat. Very clever organizational strategy. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete