Friday, May 13, 2016

Freyja's Day ........... funky enameled Owl pendant.


    Seriously, how could I resist this little character? Owl happens to be one of my main totem animals... so I tend to collect the occasional owl piece. This one was too much fun to pass up!! Today I paired her up with a strand of beads that remind me somehow of the forest. ( I know the small beads are Lucite, but have never tested the others) 
     The second photo shows the colors much better. That's one of the things I always liked about enameled pieces, the colors could be so bright and rich! I remember having quite a lot of it back in the 70s.... don't really know what became of it all.
     

    The pendant itself is approximately two and three quarter inches wide and just as high if you measure the ear tufts. A nice size to wear!  Made in India, I'm assuming of brass. The chain has a little heft to it as well.  I know I'm going to be wearing this little owl a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment