Friday, April 1, 2016

Well, damn those little insects!!!


    SO, I pulled one of my favorite hats out of winter storage. (Trust me, in Florida that doesn't last for very long.) And lo and behold, some little creature from Hell had been munching on the lovely little trimmed feathers that add such movement and grace to the hat's embellishment.
    It would be a massive understatement if I said I was pissed off!  I really thought I had this type of thing under control, but guess I'll be researching for better ways to protect those feathers!!!!   Sheesh!
     Probably need to replenish my cedar pieces with some oil. And, oh yes, it would be nice to make up some lavender sachets for the hat boxes! Why didn't I remember that? The moths may hate the fragrance but I love it! So lavender it is!
     I'm going to post this on Style Crone's Hat Attack as a little reminder to everyone..... PROTECT your headwear! As well as other wools, silks and feathers.
   http://stylecrone.com/2016/03/31/hat-attack-33/


    Anyway this is a fairly modern hat by Betmar. Ivory colored straw, made in China. The shape is what I fell for. Most of my friends like it too. And best of all we've found it compliments quite a few different head and face shapes. Versatility is a great thing! 
    Its definitely one of my top "go-to" hats from Spring all the way through the Fall. Looks good with just about everything. Always nice to have one of those. hahaha 


   My granddaughter (my guest photographer) told me that she didn't look good in hats. I think she looks wonderful in this one. What do y'all think?
   

3 comments:

  1. Love the hat-hopefully the little buggers will leave it alone. And it's nice to meet someone else who has a grandchild photographer. My grandson has done two of my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photography is a great thing for children! And with all the technology nowadays... so much creative expression is possible. From a grandma's blog to artwork! Isn't it awesome?! And even better, we can say that we gave them their start. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter looks beautiful in her hat, and you are stunning in your's. Thank you for sharing your beauty with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete