Friday, April 29, 2016

Freyja's Day....... Wedding earrings perhaps?


    These just arrived in the mail yesterday. I think they're so charming! Will need to clean them of course then gently bend the little branches out. I feel the one on the right is a good representation of the shape they should be in.
   I'm guessing that these were intended as wedding earrings. At least they would certainly work well for that purpose! White milk glass has such a classic look. 
 

    I noticed that these had a silver foil looking residue glued on to some of the small beads.  Little rhinestones perhaps? Or a sequin of some kind? A little glitter would definitely add to the wedding concept! chuckle   Also quite a lot of glue in between the bigger beads.
    I find all kinds of odd "alterations" to jewelry. Some actually improve the pieces, most do not.


    They're marked JAPAN on the back of the clips. Approximate length is two inches from bottom to top of extended branch.   Unfortunately they are as uncomfortable as a clip on can get! It only takes a few moments till they start to pinch horribly. Oh my!    
    I keep looking at them and I'm convinced they weren't dress clips. But I'll have to do some modifications of my own if I ever hope to wear them. Hope to do that soon because they look sooooo good on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment