Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Surely I'm not the only one.......

What can I say? Blues and florals are my downfall!

   Well I did it again.... I went to the thrift store up the street on their 50% off all clothing day and wound up buying several garments that are too small for me. Now yes, I intend to lose some weight in order to give my joints some relief, but I have to wonder if I'm the only person who does this?  Clothing in question is only one or two sizes smaller. But they were soooo good looking! And the price was sooooo good too!! hahaha 
    Oh my, I should just call myself an optimist and stop second guessing my actions.   Now, there are the pieces I purchase because of the fabric.... that makes perfect sense to me! Even though I have yet to dig out my sewing machine. Go figure!  Oh! And all the XXL men's shirts that I want to turn into  sleeveless blouses. Ooops! And lets not forget the dresses that are going to become extra long vests or dusters. (Used to do that ages ago. It works out very well.) Its the colors that always grab me on those. So even a size 8 or 10 can be split down the front to create a nicely flowing garment. Especially if they are ankle length I can take some off the bottom and sew front panels...  even add buttons or ties if I want to fasten it.
    When it comes to recreating clothing, you are only limited by your imagination! And sometimes sewing skills! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment