Saturday, January 2, 2016

A little catching up to do!


Well, I finally found a little red purse in the perfect shade! Yeh! Plus some more moonglow jewelry... LOVE that stuff! Also lion earrings. I've always wanted a pair of those!

   My goodness, here it is the New Year all ready! I hope everyone had a wonderful December.
   I was feeling pretty depressed during the holidays because my daughter and grandchildren didn't make it back home. I haven't celebrated a Christmas without my "little girl" in 37 years!!! (Hard to believe that she is that old! lol)   But I did have a visitor on Xmas eve!  A little puppy had been dumped in my neighborhood.... so guess who took her in? Not sure what she is exactly. Maybe part Rottie... or Dobie? Its anyone's guess at this point. Approximately 3 months old and weighing in at 16 pounds... She is going to be a BEAUTY!  Of course, I named her Merry Christmas.    Hoping to find an AWESOME home for her soon.
    So now that she has settled in a bit and all the hectic activity at the bakery is finally slowing down I'm also hoping to get more time at my computer! 
    Its been pointed out to me that I'm obviously an accessories kind of gal. hahaha  Well yeah, that would be the inevitable direction for me to head off in. #1: I just LOVE hats! #2: I spent a lot of years making jewelry. Learned it when I was a teenager in high school out in Arizona. A local silversmith was giving classes and I talked my father into signing up and going with me (I've always been shy), that led to over two decades of both of us making and selling our designs on the art and craft show circuits here in the Southeast. I certainly hope to be able to set up another silver shop soon. I love doing it and I have SO MANY ideas!!!!  :)   I want to explore some different techniques and materials and I'm in the process of gathering (even more) supplies with which to do exactly that! hahaha This is going to be loads of fun.  #3: I used to sew... a LOT.   Would like to get back to doing it. That way I can make what I want AND it will fit me!  I can also make my own purses again! (Another REALLY FUN thing to do!)       Hopefully 2016 is the year I get my creativity rolling again!
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment