Friday, December 18, 2015

Freyja's Day.... Celluloid Kingfisher earrings.


   Oh how I love these! They're celluloid with a white coating and clip on backs.  They cover quite a bit of ear! From beak tip to extended wing tip they measure two inches and are approximately one and one eighth inch in height.
    I have to position them just right so they hang properly. They're an awkward shape but once I get them on they look awesome! I've decided that they probably are not a good candidate for conversion to pierced. While that's disappointing, I can live with it. They look that good on! hahaha


    I find the whole stunted appearance to be a major part of their charm. The wing detail is lovely! But now I can see where they bear a definite resemblance of those Angry Bird characters. How bizarre!


   I do believe these were made in Japan. If I'm remembering correctly I saw a brooch pin once that looked very similar. Wonder if I can accumulate a set someday?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment