Monday, December 7, 2015

What is it about feather hats?


   I'm well aware I started acquiring feather hats because of memories of my paternal grandmother.... but you'd think that my common sense would have kicked in by now and I'd have sworn off of them.   Yep, fat chance of that happening!   chuckle    I mean, lets get real about this .... I live in Florida, a semi-tropical climate, and we have more insects that LOVE to munch on feathers and furs than Carter had little liver pills!  (Yes, you'll probably only understand that remark if you are of a certain age! hahaha)
    So why? Is it the texture? I have Buff Orpington hens in the backyard and I just love to sit and pet them. Feathers are such a wonderful tactile experience. But then, how many people pet their hats?    hmmm...
    Perhaps its the sheen and iridescence. The play of light and color is downright magickal!  Even with natural solid black feathers... the colors that flow across the surface remind me of rainbow obsidian. Who wouldn't want to wear something that looks like that?! Beautiful!


   Whatever it is...... I admit to being hooked!   With that said, I've chosen this attractive little pheasant feather hat to share on Style Crone's Hat Attack #29.

http://stylecrone.com/2015/12/01/hat-attack-29/
   
   It needs some feathers replaced and other areas are bare and need filled in. But the colors are the important part! These 'selfies' don't even begin to do this hat justice. When I can round up a friend with a camera I'll try for some better photos that can truly convey how lovely this really is.
   


    Hey, do I look a little bit like a mushroom? :)    I was trying to show that the inside is also covered in feathers. Not a very successful attempt! hahaha
  

1 comment:

  1. I have the same love of feather hats. This beauty looks fabulous on you. Who cares if there are a few feathers missing. That's vintage and I love the flaws. Thank you so much for sharing with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete