Friday, January 29, 2016

Another case of "What to wear with THIS?"



   Oh my! Its happened again. I saw a wonderful hat on Ebay and was successful with my bid.   Now, I knew it was impressive when I saw the photos... and more importantly FUN... but it would seem that I underestimated it.
   I knew it was colorful! Mostly red, with orange, purple  (a bit muted) and a rich saffron yellow. And it has a nice wide brim... though I was surprised at how wide. At least 20 inches across! Couldn't even find a box big enough to store it in! And trust me... I want to keep this baby safe and sound! I just LOVE it!!!
    Then the realization struck me... I don't have anything that I can wear with this! I mean, the hat IS the focal point.  I need an outfit that is solid and probably neutral in color. And the simplest of jewelry.      OK, that right there spells trouble for me. hahaha  I like fairly big jewelry... and colorful! As for clothing, I like florals!! Oh, and fabric that is colorful! hahaha   See my dilemma?   chuckle
    All I need right now is enough time to reorganize my home.... go through all these boxes of belongings... and set up a sewing area! (Not to mention space for my drawing table and easel .... and lets not forget all the stuff from the old jewelry shop. sheesh!)  Hell, I'd be happy with just TIME!!!!
    Anyway, will have to review my sewing patterns and choose some versatile pieces to make in solid colors. I saw the latest issue of Threads magazine just the other day and they had a travel wardrobe that they had put together. Looked good. I might need to go back and see which patterns they used. I think I need a classy casual look. Then off to the fabric store to see what looks nice. Black is an obvious first choice because I can use it with so many other things. White is out of the question because of the water quality around here.... clothes don't stay white for very long! chuckle   A nice cream would be an option, but it would still need a lot of extra care and effort when its time to wash it!

No comments:

Post a Comment