Friday, January 29, 2016

Freyja's Day........ Warrior brooch.


   Seriously, how could I pass this piece up?  He is AWESOME!!!
   The loops with the rhinestones look odd and out of place to me. And the backing is soldered on in a very sloppy fashion. I would guess that the molded face had probably been part of something else at one time. Don't have any idea as to what, but it really doesn't matter.   I would love to create a pendant with this. Or perhaps a substantial necklace! You know the kind with all the seed beads! Those can be true works of art.... and if any piece deserves to be part of a necklace like that, its this guy!


   I'm so impressed with the features. The seller referred to it as Genghis Kahn. I can definitely see that connection. hahaha   Will have to sit down one day and do a meditation to see what design I'm shown. Pieces like this are so exciting!


See what I mean when I said "sloppy"?
Face is 2 1/8" by 1 3/8"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment