Friday, August 21, 2015

Freyja's Day...... Honoring Hecate and wishing for Autumn.


   Find myself wearing this more and more lately. I feel safe and protected !  These are actually three keys from the house I grew up in. And old wood frame down on the river. I LOVED that place. So many features that modern homes don't have plus its location! An osprey nest right across the river, an eagles aerie nearby. Owls came out at night.... always loved laying in bed listening to them! When sunset came the gators would start swimming out of the freshwater swamp up river and head out towards the Gulf ... and the lure of saltwater fish to eat! (Better tasting in my humble opinion) At sunrise we could usually look out the windows and see them sunning themselves in the backyard.  What an awesome childhood!!! hahaha  The sound of an old tin roof in the rain is music to my ears. Ahh, that old house was woven into my spirit somehow. So... I wear the keys.
    Since the Goddess Hecate figured so prominently in my childhood I have dedicated these to Her.      (More on this subject at a later date)


   And yes, I find myself wishing for Autumn to arrive early. Dug out this bracelet yesterday. The colors make me feel good. Why should I have to have any other reason to wear them? hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment