Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Makeup. Now I remember why I don't wear it anymore!



  Soooooo, I knew I'd get around to it eventually. Every woman I had talked to about it said "Go for it! Done right, it helps sooo much!"      ~sigh~
   Skipped all the foundation "stuff' (there are so many new things in that category since I last did this! And BB and CC and .... what the hell are these things???) and went right to lip and eye color!   Bought some basics at the neighborhood Wally world... L'Oreal, etc..  Decided to do up one side of my face only. That way I'd be able to compare easily.  So on it all went. Eyeliner, mascara, lovely shades of shadow! Lipstick! Use some of it for blush because I forgot to buy any of that! hahaha    WHAT A DIFFERENCE! WOW!
   And as I stood here looking in the mirror at my half-transformed face I started to feel a little irritation around my eyes, then lips. That soon evolved into an itch... then a burning itch. And it got worse!   So off to the sink I went to wash it all off! Ah yes, that's why I quit wearing makeup. Now I remember!
    Another friend recommended that I try the Almay products.... "hypo allergenic" she says!  So I give it a go. Took a bit longer to start itching and it wasn't as severe.... but it HAD to come off too!
    So someone else has recommended a product line called Bare Minerals. I think thats the right name. I have to go to Sephora's to find it. Or order on line, but that isn't going to happen! At some point I'll find the time to go ask the ladies at Sephora if I can try on some to see if I have a reaction. At this point, I don't want to buy more stuff I can't use. sheesh!
    But, I will admit that makeup makes quite a difference. Lets hope I find something I can actually put on my face! HAHAHA
   

No comments:

Post a Comment