Friday, April 10, 2015

Freyja's Day.......... But what is it made of?


   Oh goodness, its Freyja's Day all ready!  Well, the summer heat has come early to Florida this year so I'll have to start choosing some lightweight jewelry to wear. Time to put away certain pieces till cooler and drier weather returns.  But before I do, I wanted to post a couple of photos and ask if anyone knows anything about these bracelets.


   You see, I don't know anything about them! I wonder what they're made of and how old they are.
   My first bracelet of this design was in a small lot of jewelry pieces. I immediately fell in love with it! I found the brown to be very attractive and the pattern interesting. It has so much depth! But it was the heft and feel of it on my arm that really hooked me.
   As you can see, I loved it enough to start hunting down a few more so that I could adorn both arms! Even found a couple that had been shaped by being ground down in spots. Personally I'm not fond of these. It makes the bracelets lose that earthy, feminine grace.
   As I purchased each one I paid special attention to what each seller had to say about them. Descriptions were either plastic (uh, no.), Lucite, Bakelite and one seller referenced them as being "lacquered Bakelite".  So I'm still in the dark as to their composition!!!
   Would love to find out about them. So if you have any info or might know someone who would..... please give me a shout out! 
   As always, Be Kind, Be Happy and Enjoy Life to the fullest!
    

  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment