Friday, April 10, 2015

Evening rant.


   So, did you notice how 2015 slipped in the door like a sneaky cat!  Here it is April all ready, and I'm still trying to shake off the surprise and adjust to its presence. I didn't even bother to make any New Year resolutions. Between my mother's dementia and Parkinson's, my own health issues, hours getting cut at my part-time job and my home/yard looking like a disaster area.... I figured I'd just go easy on myself and not create any more pressure.  There, THAT will be my resolution! Go easy on myself this year.      Yeah, like that's ever going to happen. chuckle   What if I just try to take better care of myself?  That sounds more attainable.
    Anyway, I've taken to the keyboard this evening in order to stay away from Ebay. You see, there is this beautiful little red hat up for bids!!!!!!  And I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER HAT!!!   Sheesh! I don't get to wear the ones I have!
   Of course the same could be said for my jewelry. I mean, how many bangle bracelets does a 56 year old woman need?   Wha? What was that? I could have sworn I heard someone whisper "...more".  So anyway, if my arms were skinny little stick limbs I bet I could load them both up with bracelets all the way up to the shoulder! hahaha    WAIT! There it is again....  Yep, definitely sounds like a hushed voice saying "more".       I either have an earthbound spirit with a hoarding streak in my home or there is a part of my brain that is trying to play up my pack rat tendencies. I truly DO NOT need either one of those.
    But seriously, perusing Ebay and Etsy are two of my favorite forms of therapy. And it can be quite an educational activity too! I've certainly seen things that I normally would not have encountered. My favorite right now are the bronze Buddhist temple bells. When I manage to get a few extra thousand dollars I'm going to get a couple of those!!!    How awesome would that be? :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment