Friday, December 2, 2016

A shock and a twist.


   The shock: Freak accidents happen and usually at the most inopportune times. A cracked lid on a toilet tank broke and sliced open Archimedes leg. Upon examining the ceramic edges is was apparent that he was lucky he didn't lose that foot! Of course Archimedes was extremely unhappy with the cone! And he learned to remove it rapidly!!! Oh well, I'm just relieved he came through surgery so well. Heres hoping he leaves the stitches alone long enough that his foot can heal properly. 


   The twist: Since I'm having such a difficult time getting my life back together I decided to try something fairly simple that gives quick results as far as creating goes. And wire wrap jewelry is what I chose. chuckle   I have LOTS of supplies! Beads, shells, wire, buttons, what-nots and thingamabobbies!!!  Things that are still tucked away... just waiting to be unearthed and made into something lovely.
   It "sort of" fulfills my desire to do metal jewelry again. At least it will do for now. Will be combining it with wooden pieces in the future.  And of course there will be some coins and belly dance bells included! hahaha   Actually some small projects are just what I need. But if I keep adding things the pieces will just keep getting bigger. Oh my, its just Fate!
   This little pendant is my first effort. It measures just under 1  1/2 inches long. I know, I know! That's an earring for me! hahaha  But I want to try doing delicate objects for a change. And I think this medium will do just fine for that.
    So remember to take care of your furry children AND keep up even those seemingly minor repairs! And try something different... even if its just a little bit so. Its a good thing to expand your knowledge and experience!   Wishing everyone a wonderful night!
  * Hope you've gazed westward and saw the crescent moon with Venus! What a lovely pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment