Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pausing for a few moments..........



   Well it has certainly been a rough few weeks around here. My 91 year old mother is currently at a rehab facility and we are trying to find long term care for her. It has been quite the learning experience! And once it is all settled and done, I intend to take a very detailed look at my own life!!!
   Before I was simply stressed out (to the breaking point) about how my home, yard and life in general had all fallen by the wayside in the effort to look after Mom. And I figured that the day would come when I would finally have time to reorganize and pull it all back together.    You know what? That ain't how it works!    I'm looking at things with different eyes right now. And considering it all in ways I would not have before. "Life is a learning process" has a lot more depth of meaning now.
    As I sit here at my kitchen table with scattered paperwork and even more scattered thoughts.... I keep going back to LIVE YOUR LIFE AS BEST YOU CAN. BE THANKFUL FOR EACH DAY AND NIGHT. BE GOOD AND KIND AND SEND LOVING THOUGHTS OUT INTO THE WORLD.... ALWAYS.

5 sisters. From left to right:  Helen, Mae, Beatrice (Mom), Thelma and Delma

 Aunt Mae and Mom at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment