Monday, June 15, 2015

There it is!

   
   Got a small start (very small) on de-cluttering and organizing my home this afternoon.  It seems like whenever I do this I always get surprises! The first one today was a rather small USPS box in an assortment of house/workshop "stuff".  I just could not for the life of me remember what had been in that box! Imagine my shock when I reached in to remove the tissue paper it contained and found a little hat!!!
   I had bought it on Ebay quite a few months ago. Didn't cost hardly anything because of its condition, and I was hoping to make an attempt to give it a new lease on life. Its covered in faded and stained pale blue flowers and the netting is so brittle that it just started falling apart as I examined it.
    Doesn't sound like a promising start does it? But she is such a LOVELY little hat! I found myself falling for her all over again. I had hoped to research how to clean and reshape hats, but I haven't found the time yet.
    I'm trying to figure out what I could use to touch up the flowers a bit. Perhaps a good quality cloth dye or artists ink? There are a lot of brown spots... some from age, others from the glue. Now if I could lightly add a darker, richer shade of blue just around the petal edges, maybe near the center on some (that would depend on where the spots are.) I do believe I could make her as beautiful as I see her in my mind's eye!

  
   Till then I'll nestle her away in one of my hat boxes where she can rest and dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment