Sunday, April 16, 2017

THE Easter hat and Greta!



   First things first: Meet Greta. There are two reasons that she has come to stay in my home. The first one is that I have so much trouble trying to coordinate with friends that can help with photographing my hats for the blog. The second reason is that I've decided as part of my down-sizing to sell some hats on Etsy and raise a bit of money to help care for all the strays here... and I also needed a model for that.
    So after perusing quite a few internet sites I stumbled across this gal looking for a home. Her complexion has faded to a strange hue and she has a few dings... but then, don't most of us have a dent here and there?  She has that slightly intense look that store mannequins had when I was younger, but she isn't unpleasant or mean looking! (Trust me, I found plenty of those! )  I think Greta has a nice proper look to her. Unfortunately, my dogs don't share my opinion. They are both, well... FREAKED OUT! hahahahaha    We've had a few sessions of short term visual exposure and even some sniffing on the last one. I do believe they have a good grasp on the fact that Greta is an inanimate object and does not pose a threat. BUT her face still unsettles them. So much for my brave guard dogs!!!

 
 
 
 

    *Well  I've skipped down because this is the only place my computer will let me type and not center it automatically. Yes, it has it's glitches. Yes, my friends tell me its time for a new one. But since they aren't paying.... I will continue to wrestle with this beastie!! chuckle

    ANYWAY onto the hat. Back in the day, this was someone's crowning Glory! The large tag says Gene Doris  New York. It has a Union Made tag as well. Quite the hat!!! The crown is covered in green leaves and the upturned brim is loaded with flowers and two small peachy-pink velvet bows up on the left side. All on pink netting with a pink velvet headband. The photos speak for themselves.
   This lovely has quite the visual impact!!! Reminds me of a floral kokoshnik. I think this is just a perfect hat for the Style Crone's April Hat Attack!!!
http://stylecrone.com/2017/04/01/hat-attack-45-amina-marie-millinery/

And there are more Spring and Summer hats to come!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment