Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Arrival of the sari fabric.


   So, a few weeks ago I discovered that you could buy old saris. I thought that might be a good source of some interesting and different fabric for my Crone Closet. Well it looks as if I was right! These are the first two that arrived. I think they're going to layer and drape just beautifully!!


    I've also come a bit closer to finding a "style". Thanks to Pinterest (again!) I stumbled across something called the Lagenlook.... interesting. Then I came upon a page filled with photos of some of the most fun looking clothes by the designer Gudrun Sjoden. Not all of them tickled my fancy, but quite a few had that long, breezy look that I love so much!!  And the layering. I'm really getting excited about this project again!!!    Now to dig out my old patterns to see what I can modify and head off to the fabric store to check out the new ones. Also to find out what materials are available around here. I desperately need some solids!

No comments:

Post a Comment