Monday, June 30, 2014

And the search is on! Not real successfully, but hey!


    Spent a few hours off and on this afternoon researching and reading articles, blogs, etc... on fashion and style for women over 50. I was really hoping it would help. I'm looking all over for hints and tips and perhaps that perfect formula that will help me recreate my wardrobe and my style of dressing. But, like most things, the articles were conflicting. Some took that stereotypical stance of older gals need to cut their hair short, wear neutrals and blacks, etc... Others stated that pretty much anything goes, just look mature doing it. Yes, I'm over simplifying, but not by much. Looks like I will just go ahead and figure it out myself!!!
    I mean, I know what I like.  And then, I know how I'd like to look! haha  Not always the same thing.  There was one that had a quiz to find what your dominant goddess archetype is and how to dress accordingly. That was actually pretty interesting, as well as being fairly accurate.
    Guess I was hoping for guidance of a more detailed nature. Think I will just keep looking and reading. I've managed to glean some very helpful tips that way.  Plus there is always Pinterest!! Seriously, I have seen some wonderful garments on there that I would love to wear!


     In the meantime, I'm looking at what I have for accessories. Mainly jewelry and scarves at this point. Especially bangle bracelets. I like they way they feel on my arms!  You know, I love bakelite and other early plastics, but the more I learn about how I should be caring for them... the better Lucite and similar plastics look. So I'll start looking around for some of those pieces. Need to group them according to color. So I'll start with the blues and greens! Ebay, watch out! haha
   Update: Since writing the above.... no, I didn't post it, just stashed it away... I have played around with the plastics a little more. Will definitely have to stay with the older stuff!! The heavier the better! The really light weight pieces just don't feel "right". And the new pieces feel downright odd.
    Have ordered a vintage wooden bangle off of Ebay. I used to wear those when I was a teenager!  Now they're "vintage". Sheesh!   Always liked the way they felt. And hey, if I could get a hold of some that are unfinished I could do some artwork on them. Talk about a personalized jewelry statement. Now THAT would be the way I'd like to do it!

These photos show a few of my "keepers". At least for now.
I just love the colors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment