Monday, May 13, 2019

Hat Therapy on Mother's Day.


Can only seem to write in captions! I so wish my old laptop was fixed.  Oh well, onward I go. Was going to write a fairly indepth post, but it will have to wait.
Saturday was the second 'anniversary' of my mother's passing. I awoke right at 3:38 a.m.. just like I did the morning she died. Odd how we retain things!   Then Sunday was Mothers Day.  Sigh...  Needless to say I was feeling pretty depressed this weekend.  But then I realized what I needed was a session of hat therapy!
I only tried on about ten hats, but by the time I was done the therapy had worked! My smile was back and I was laughing again.  Gee, it takes so little to make me happy.  chuckle
This first hat is one of my go to favorites. She goes with most anything! From dressing up to a casual combo of jeans and a man's button up.

 
 
   I'm a sucker for flowers! And I'm supposed to wear a wide brim hat when ever I'm out. So this is a win- win!  
   *By orders of my dermatologist.... years ago. I should make more of an effort. Skin cancer is definitely not fun.


This is the hat my mother wore when she got married.  In 1947!  

This photo doesn't do this lovely piece justice.
A soft purple velvet hat by Alfreda. 

My birthday hat! 

A blue straw hat.... what could make me happier? Oh, thats right! The vintage flower cluster that I added. They took it up to the next level.

Saved the best for last. Saw it on ebay and HAD to have it. Doesn't matter if its faded. With fine purple straw and velvet pansies... oh, I was a goner from the second I laid eyes on it! And it fits like it was custom made for me! Imagine that?


No comments:

Post a Comment