Friday, July 24, 2015

Freyja's Day...... Brooch and earrings of memories past.


   Imagine how surprised and tickled I was when I saw this set on Etsy last year! Looks just like one that my grandmother Lulu had.  Sometimes its so nice to have a memory in physical form. It doesn't matter that its not the exact ones that she had in her jewelry tray. They are tangible objects to hold and look at. Running my fingers around the channel set rhinestones like I did as a child! hahaha   Yes, it certainly feels good.  
   As you can see, the backs have been replaced. I'm guessing at different times because the earring clips don't match. But at least someone took the time to it right. To me that shows that it was a much loved and enjoyed set. I know Lulu wore hers a lot! They're such a nice design. Simple, understated and classic. You can't go wrong with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment